Every Smartphone users known well about the Android, it is the world’s most popular mobile platform has the best operating software. It has become one of the major factors in modern trends which are presently owned by Google limited. As per the public demand, android gives you the best feature to meet the competition of the other smartphones requirements. Android OS provides its users a lot of various features and functions, some of these features are inbuilt and some are accessible through thousands of applications.
Android has the best operating system in today’s date with very interesting names like Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich.
List of all The known Versions of Android Operating System:
Android Alpha (1.0)
Android celebrates its birthday on November 5, 2007, with the release of the Android beta(1.0). While the software was officially made and available for devices from November 12, 2007.
Android Cupcake (1.5)
Cupcake version of android was released on April 9, 2009 based on Linux Kernel 2.6.27. Android cupcake included five live widgets – an analogue clock, a calendar, a music player, a picture frame and a search function. It supports for MPEG4 and 3GP formats. This version also saw the introduction of animated screen transitions.
Android Donut (1.6)
This version updated the Linux kernel to version 2.6.29 and arrived in September 2009. Donut introduced Top paid, top free, and newly released app categories and also screenshot capability. Search functions were also improved, both for voice and text.
Android Eclair (2.0)
This android version was based on Linux kernel 2.6.29, released on October 26, 2009. It added exchange email support and the ability to combine multiple account inboxes. Camera features Support was added for camera flash, digital zoom, scene modes, white balance, macro focus and color effects.
Android Froyo (2.2)
Android Gingerbread (2.3)
The android Gingerbread was released on December 6, 2010, based on Linux kernel 2.6.35.android Gingerbread has the best Performance than the past edition. You also now get a separate download manager menu, Portable gaming, Extra-large WXGA (1280×768 pixels) resolution screens. It gives the extra features like Support for near-field-communication (NFC) for tap-and-go payment.
Honeycomb android came with the first Tablet-only android, on February 22, 2011.it’s now a more versatile ‘System Bar’ in the bottom right. It supports the new features like Google eBooks, Google Talk, HTTP live streaming, private browsing.
Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0)
Ice Cream Sandwich upgraded the best features than Honeycomb (Android v3.0), including video chat support based on Google Talk protocols, a new System Bar for global status and notifications and an Action Bar for application control, tabbed Web browsing support, an optimized soft keyboard and a new email interface.
Android Jellybean (4.1):
Jellybean android was announced on June 27, 2012, by Google in the Google I/O conference. Jellybean was based on Linux Kernel 3.0.31.ew additions in Android Jelly Bean include interface enhancements and improved overall responsiveness. An improved Web browser with constant on-screen tabs, enhanced file management capabilities and better text input options.
Android Kitkat (4.4)
KitKat is designed to run on devices with as little as 512MB of RAM. Google Hangouts now supports SMS and MMS, and support for HD video calls across all devices. It support for cloud storage as Google Drive built into the operating system. This will allow you to print documents over WiFi or Bluetooth.
Android Lollipop (5.0)
Lollipop is the biggest Android update yet, featuring a pleasant new design and loads of clever features that enhance the user experience.
Android Marshmallow (6.0)
Android Marshmallow 6.0 arrived first on the Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P, later it is available to most Android handsets for free.
• Android Marshmallow 6.0 can better performance and the battery life stands for 15-25 percent of battery life overnight
• Compared to the previous Lollipop version, in Android Marshmallow 6.0 the Home screen is more streamlined.
• It is integrated with new Google products which offer time and context-sensitive notifications, information and reminders.
• Android Marshmallow will have fingerprint support built-in which allow the user to make in-app purchases in Google Play using only their finger
• Android Pay feature make the mobile payments easier, fast and more secure, just in app store.
• Another important feature is Marshmallow lock screen that replaces the dialer shortcut with one to Google’s voice search.
Android Marshmallow (6.0.1)
Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow is more improved in performance and security than past version.
• They added the new emoji with gurning smiley faces , it has added support for more Unicode 8.0 emoji
• Another addition is the Camera shortcut by double-tap power button camera.
• It also provide improvised Do Not Disturb mode that you can able to mute all your notifications until your next scheduled alarm goes off
• Then another important improvement is a tablet UI
• It has coincided with Google’s monthly security update.
Android Nougat (7.0)
• Android 7.0 Nougat provide Quick Switch feature that quickly jump between the two most recently used apps with a double-tap on the Overview button.
• It allows you to easily run two apps side-by-side on your phone just by long-press the square Overview button to shrink the app to fill half the screen
• It also provide Better battery in between 15 and 20% longer battery life
• when compare to Android 6.0 Marshmallow only provide fingerprint scanner but Android 7.0 Nougat improved with Google’s smart lock features will offer the Facial recognition
• It also provide the improved toggling features such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, screen rotation just by dragging down from the top with two fingers still opens up the full quick settings.
Android Nougat (7.1.2)
• Android Nougat 7.1.2 Improved fingerprint swipe performance by Swipe down for notifications gesture.
• Android 7.1.2 fixed for the audio popping issue some users were experiencing while playing audio at high volumes.
• it also provide Bluetooth connectivity improvements by solve the shutting down randomly on their devices or refusing to work properly with certain devices.
• Android Nougat 7.1.2 also solve the device early shutdown issue
• It also solve the pink banding issue where the few devices can facing the problem on the camera.
Android Oreo (8.0)
Android 8.0 Oreo launched with smarter, faster and more powerful than past version
• Picture-In-Picture Mode feature that allow using two apps together at same time.
• Smart Text Selection feature includes a smart action that will depend on the type of text you have selected.
• it saving the battery life will control your apps that are running the background while not in use.
• you can able to customize your notification channel
• It also offers ‘High-quality Bluetooth audio codecs’ to improve your wireless cans.
• Android Oreo has system optimizations such as concurrent Compacting garbage collection, code locality and more.
• Google has launched new sets of emoji’s
Android Oreo (8.1)
Android 8.1 update is the change that the eyes could spot at first glance.
• Oreo 8.1 has Auto fill enhancements feature which helps to protect the sensitive information and confidential data
• Safe Browsing API that allows apps to detect Web View attempts which could navigate to known bad URLs.
• A new shared memory API that enables apps to allocate shared memory for faster access to common data.
• It also provide improvement in the fingerprint features.