It’s really annoying when your mobile phone receives lots of useless messages(SMS) and unwanted calls from commercial & advertising companies, telemarketers, etc., Due to the big business competitions in these days there are huge number of companies are forced to prefer the telemarketing for selling their goods and services. Insurance policies, credit card offers, various kinds of loans, household items, vehicles, etc., are the trending topics in the telemarketing. You may be the user of any telecom network like Aircel, Airtel, Reliance, Idea, Vodafone or some other networks., it’s not a matter as far as this issue because all brand telecommunication network users have faced this problem at least once. Even our mobile network company is also use this type of marketing for advertising their plans and offers. These unnecessary messages and calls are elapses our golden time and also occupy most of our phone memory.
Some times different kinds of “fraudulent messages” are also coming for us, like “Your mobile phone number has won huge amount of money in a lottery, so you need to send your Bank account number, full address, etc.,” always be aware of these messages, because there is a change to lose your money. You can block all these types of spam messages and calls by adding those numbers in blacklists in you mobile but it’s really hard to block all the telemarketing numbers. And all the network providers are much interested to make money by allowing advertisers to send advertisements to it’s customers, so it’s quite difficult to block these issue.
Then, How to Block it:
Don’t worry, there is a solution for this problem, yes as a user you can avoid all types of spam calls and messages completly by activating Do Not Disturb(DND) service.
What is “Do Not Disturb”:
Do Not Disturb is a free service which helps the users to block all kinds of promotional calls and SMS in their mobile, it can be activated to any telecom network. According to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India(TRAI), telephone users can register their number to the NCPR(National Consumer Preference Register) for stop the unwanted telemarketing calls and messages.
How to Activate Do Not Disturb:
For activating DND service on your mobile follow the below steps:
for fully blocked registration:
1. Send SMS “START 0” to 1909 for fully blocked DND registration.
for partially blocked registrations:
- Send SMS “START 1” to 1909 to block Banking, Insurance, Financial Products, Credit Cards, related promotions.
- Send SMS “START 2” to 1909 to block to block Real Estate Advertisements.
- Send SMS “START 3” to 1909 to block to block Educational Advertisements.
- Send SMS “START 4” to 1909 to block to block Health Advertisements.
- Send SMS “START 5” to 1909 to block to block Consumer goods, Automobiles Advertisements.
- Send SMS “START 6” to 1909 to block to block Communication, Broadcasting, Entertainment Advertisements.
- Send SMS “START 7” to 1909 to block to block Tourism Advertisements.
And also you can call 1909 to activate Do Not Disturb.
Important Points about the DND Registration:
- You cannot block SMS from Banks, third-party calling, etc, by using DND.
- 1909 is a toll free number, so Do Not Disturb registration is completely free.
- Once you have activated DND to your number then you should wait at least 3 months for Deactivate the DND.
- The process should take minimum 7 days.
How to Check the DND Status for your Number:
If you want to know your mobile number’s Do Not Disturb registration status, it is easy to check a number is registered or not for DND in online.
Click here to check your DND registration in online.
How to Deactivated your DND Registration:
Suppose if you feel DND is blocking your important messages and calls, you can deactivate it easily by follow the below steps.
- Send SMS”STOP DND” to 1909 to cancel the DND.
- And also you are able to deactivated this service by calling 1909.
If you found this article helpful, then please share it with others.