Like our life , we also want to see everything colourful,even our screen wallpaper, files and even our folders.Sometime we are get bored with the same yellow colour and between the plenty of the folders it hard to our particular folder in same yellow colour, and in the urgent time we mistakenly copy, cut or delete the some other folder whenever we select the some other folder by searching by their name. To avoid such complications we have to differentiate the special files in our desired colour.
we categorize the Word documents, spreadsheets, pictures, music, videos are spot out in the different colour. There is no default possibilities to Colouring the folder icon in windows. There is the application which help you to change the colour of the folder named Folder Colorizer to assign your favorite colours to your desired folders in order to differentiate them easily and to ease of access.it is available for Windows 8/7/Vista/XP.
Steps to change the colour of a folder :
You have to follow the few steps to colour your folder icons .
1. Download the software Folder Colorizer in their official website.After you click the downloading button , run the FolderColorizerSetup.exe file, read the License Agreement and click ‘Next’ if you agree. If you agree, you can now proceed with the installation, so click the ‘Install Now’ button.
2. While going with the installation procedure you are requested to activate Microsoft Dot Net 3.0 Framework. Skip that link it is not necessary download the Dot Net 3.0 Framework, open the package, read the terms of the License Agreement and if you accept, click on the ‘Install’ button.
3. After installing check whether this software is virus free.
4. Select the folder you want to colorize,then right click on any folder, new option is appear other than the formal options in the context menu select ‘Colorize”Now simply go to that option and one sub menu will appear. Now choose any colour you want to assign to that folder.
5. While using first time, it will ask your email id for activation of this software.You don’t need to confirm the email Id, Just skip those step. After you selected a colour for your folder, folder icon colour will change automatically from the standard yellow to the colour you picked.
6. From the window, pick any colour you want to use, then click on ‘Add Colour’.
Now you can differentiate your favourite folder easily.
Restore Default icon colour :
If you want to restore the same yellow colour back,don’t worry the way is very simple.
1. Again right click on the folder, select ‘Colorize!’ there is the option named “convert to” click on it and pick ‘Restore original colour’.
2. After few second you will see that the colour of your folder icon is restored to the original yellow colour.